Friday, March 12, 2010

Composition and Desigin

This week we had Design and Composition with Robert Severi (www.robertseveri.com). Throughout the week we shot everything from circles and squares, bathrooms and street scenes. For our final deliverable assignment we had to shoot 15 images on a list of 9 themes; Tell Me a Story (3 shots), Eye of the Beholder (1 shot), Look Ma, No Eyes1 (1 shot), Faceless Portrait (1 shot), Through a Glass, Darkly (1 shot), Stakeout (1 shot), A Shot Per Day, WET (1 shot), How Ironic! (1 shot), This is How I Feel (1 shot). Here are a few of my shots for the final assignment.

Eye of the Beholder

Look Ma, No Eyes!
(I squated down and put the camera down between my legs and near the floor.)

Faceless Portrait

Through a Glass, Darkly

Stakeout

How Ironic!

Everyday I averaged about 500 shots. It was great being able to have Robert Severi break down my shots and tell me why things worked or didn't work in terms of design and composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment